In 1951, with a change in name and location, Reading Chain and Block became Reading Crane and Hoist Company and relocated to a much larger facility in Pottstown, Pennsylvania and continued to produce overhead cranes and hoists. 1962 brought new ownership to the company and the concentration was on engineering, designing and manufacturing massive steel mill duty cranes. In 1974, with the decline of the US steel industry, the Pottstown manufacturing facility was shut down and again the company name was changed. This time to Reading Crane and Engineering Company due to the high concentration on engineering services. These services included crane modernizations, capacity upgrades and runway surveys.